Pages

Sunday 8 July 2007

For Toadee...Feed The Good Wolf

My Gracie recently completed a course http://www.outwardbound.co.nz/
She faced many challenges along the way , including a half marathon and scaling a huge mountain -blindfolded with her shoe laces tied together. Yikes!!!!! Whever she felt she couldn't do any more, she would chant, 'Feed The Good Wolf Grace' over and over to herself until she was in a better state of mind. Some of my buddies are going through a few difficulties at the moment so I thought I'd share Grace's favourite story with you all.

There is a story about a Navajo grandfather who once told his grandson, "Two wolves live inside me. One is the bad wolf, full of greed and laziness, full of anger and jealousy and regret. The other is the good wolf, full of joy and compassion and willingness and a great love for the world. All the time, these wolves are fighting inside me." "But grandfather," the boy said. "Which wolf will win?" The grandfather answered, "The one I feed."

Love KB

4 comments:

  1. thank you Karen, that story really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries my friend. Helps me too tim. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jady. Nice to see you here. I'll head over to your place soon.

    ReplyDelete