Pages

Sunday 8 July 2007

Jay's visit

Last year, I made an online friend named Jay. We've become very close, I think of her as a daughter. She even calls me Mum. .....awwwww. She came to stay with me (for the second time) a couple of weeks ago.

I felt a little guilty because I had so much going on during the week (Hayley's visit, Grace's last week in Auckland, preparing for hols etc). I didn't spend as much time with her as I would have liked but we had fun anyway.

PHOTOS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Jay


Grace, Hayley and Bernie


The best day was Friday. We drove to the city to visit the Sky Tower. We arrived before the rain and took a few pics. I was lucky Jay was with me because I got lost in the carpark. If she hadn't been there, I'd probably still be driving around. HEHE!!!!

Jay and I at the top of the Sky Tower





That evening we went to dinner with 17 people (mainly family and a few close friends) to celebrate Grace's upcoming overseas adventure. We dined at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant which is located in one of Auckland's poorer neighbourhoods but the food is always fantastic.

Every time we visit, we joke about dropping into the disreputable bar next door. Unfortunately, my good friend Penny had a few too many wines and when we get together it's usuallly big trouble for all. We dragged everyone into the sleazy bar. It was one of those old fashioned places with silver disco ball, mist flowing over the dance floor, while playing selction of 70s and 80s music. You know the kind of place.
We had a dance and a few drinks. The locals eyed us suspiciouly for a while, which was a little scary as most of them looked like they'd just stepped off the set of Deliverence. Didn't take long for some of the - erm, 'ladies' to join us on the dance floor. I'm not sure if Jay will ever visit me again after that exoerience but I had a ball.




When we arrived home, I introduced Jay to my Guitar Hero Game and I think she's addicted. Maybe she'll come back after all.

Jay playing guitar



Love KB
xxx

5 comments:

  1. You and Jay in a sleazy bar?
    surely not *snigger*

    glad you had fun (and I happen to know that Jay had a brilliant time with you, your friends and your family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we did thanks Missy.

    Have you two been catching up Toadee? I have hardly had a chance to talk to her since I got back from hols.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen much of her but what she has said has been positive lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like your friend had a great time and I am sure she will be back to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, especially since I posted a pic of her in her pjs...she is going to visit so she can slap me.

    ReplyDelete