Pages

Thursday 9 August 2007

House Sitter From Hell


Coco was not amused when I informed her she would be spending the next couple of weeks in the dog kennels.



I don't like to leave her at the kennels but, I felt it was in her best interest after the house sitter debacle.



A friend of ours offered to stay at our house and look after the place while we were away. Hubby and I cleaned the house from top to bottom, filled the pantry and left a bottle of vodka - as a thank you.



I left for my holiday feeling confident my home and my babies were in good hands. I couldn't have been more wrong!!!!



I came home to :



- a house smelling of cigarettes (hubby is a smoker but, our friend knows smoking is not allowed in the house)



- a blocked shower



- a broken tap



- a broken fridge shelf



- rusty frying pans (from being put in the dishwasher)



- broken toilet



- a dirty house (how one man can create so much filth in ten days is beyond me)



- broken biocycle system ( waste treatment system)



- pre-programmed TV shows - cancelled

The worst by far, was the state of Coco. She has an enclosed area, which has a dog kennel and space to do her business. We put her in there for small periods of time when we aren't able to take her out with us. My poor, baby dog had obviously been locked in there the whole time we had been away. The area where she can relieve herself was so full of waste, she had started to use the deck area instead.

The first thing I did when I arrived home was wash her - she smelled like shit. I was disgusted, in fact, I still am!!!!!!!

Some friend he turned out to be. LAZY BASTARD!!!!!!

Love KB

10 comments:

  1. Hello Krazy!..Did you or your husband address these issues with said 'LAZY BASTARD' upon your arrival home and after realizing the condition of poor Coco?

    You would not have been able to restrain my hostile verbal attack on such a specimen! If I failed to make known my my grave disappointment in person, be sure he would be getting a visit from Mr. Postman..

    I tell you, you just never know who your true friends are these days!

    Uhm, by the way, did you cross him off your Christmas list..?

    ~giggles~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I assume you won't be needing my services again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Coco. A messy house is bad enough but there is no excuse for treating her like that.
    May I sugest that Coco has special training in how to bite appropriate butts

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the bottle of vodka?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ambre, hubby gave siad friend a peace of his mind. I am still too angry at this stage to even see him.

    I wish I had thought of that MIssy.

    LMAO Keith. Good one.

    I'll try that Toadee.

    Yes, the vodka was all gone Dickiebo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wont ask for their number to sit my house then. I know for sure that I would have been ***** you can guess.

    But the holiday was good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holiday was fab thanks hun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shari saying .."s_it my house.." seems to be one letter removed from the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh KB that is awful. Well his ass would have been back over to help pick up his mess and he would have been buying some thank you gifts as a thanks for not kicking his butt. Well I hope your house is back to normal and coco as well. Oh by the way my sage green tribute is up

    ReplyDelete
  10. House is back to normal Jadey

    ReplyDelete