Pages

Monday 24 September 2007

Happy Blondie

I was about to start telling you about my final cruise destination but decided to write about my weekend instead because I've really enjoyed it.

I've hardly had any sleep because I've been watching as much of the Rugby World Cup as I can. I stayed up till 4.30am Saturday morning watching the games. Up again four hours later so by Sunday evening I was exhausted. NZ's All Blacks were playing early Monday morning so I decided to have a few hours sleep before the game. Alarm went off at 3am, I thought I'd close my eyes for five more mins, next thing I know, it's 4.30 and I'm woken by a text from my friend Mutters saying something like, "What kind of fan are you, sleeping through the game." Cheeky bugger. Couldn't sleep after that so decided to get up and watch the rugby.

All Blacks beat Scotland no trouble but it wasn't a great performance. They are guaranteed a spot in the quarter finals anyway. GO THE MIGHTY BLACKS!!!!!!!!

I had a wonderful surprise later in the day. Own of my dearest friends who I thought I had lost contact with visited my blog. *waves to Polli*. She is truly a kind, generous, wonderful woman and the mother of...wait for it...SIX kids. Don't know how she does it. I'll add her to my blog friends list so please pay her a visit. She goes by the name of polliwog.

We have had terrible thunder storms in Auckland today so I decided to go on the treadmill instead of walking outside. Was good to get back on there...haven't been on in too long. Coco is always fascinated by the process, she stares at me as if she is wondering why I am walking but not going anywhere...hehe.

Cooked myself an ostrich steak for dinner. Wasn't sure how ostrich would taste, seasoned it with Cajun spices, fried it a little, warmed it in the oven and served with veggies and a glass of Shiraz. Find it hard to cook myself a decent meal when hubby is away but I'm glad I did. Yum, yum!!

After dinner, I soaked my feet in my foot spa. Wasn't as relaxing as I'd hoped because Coco was barking at the bubbles. Very amusing. Painted my toes and now I'm tucked up in bed and about to read.

A lovely weekend. Hope yours was too. Will update the last of my holiday photos tomorrow.

GO THE MIGHTY BLACKS!!!!

Love KB
x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful, Blondie style weekend: food, wine, sleeping and her favourite boys in black (not necessarily in that order).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah foot spas are great, very relaxing.

    When you put it that way Toadee, no wonder I enjoyed myself.

    ReplyDelete