Pages

Monday 26 November 2007

HONG KONG BY NIGHT




The first time I visited Honkers I remember being upset by seeing young prostitutes on every corner. This time I was more disturbed by the fact I wasn't even noticing them anymore. Here's a little convo hubby and I had about this very subject.

Me - Where have all the hookers gone?

Him - There's one

Me - OMG, look at her hair and her boots. Almost want to pick her up myself.

Him - Erm, that's a bloke hun

Yikes, she/he was beautiful but on closer inspection, definitely a man.

Hubby is a pilot and travels with different people on each trip. The crew are usually great company but I especially enjoyed this time because one of the pilots was a woman. Sometimes the blokes get together and talk about planes for hours (slight exaggeration but it seems like hours) so it was nice to have a lady to talk to about other things.

I did feel a little sorry for her actually because she told us she wasn't much of a drinker so we dragged her to ladies night at the pub. Free drinks for the ladies all night; that's my kind of place. She proceeded to drink quite a few spirits and I had to walk her home.

Was happy to leave the place actually. There were quite a few desperate looking older men there. Quite sickening that some men have to wait till a woman is half sloshed till they try and pick her up. Tsk!

Anyway, a good time was had by all and my new friend had a sore head to show for it in the morning, hehe.

Love KB
x

6 comments:

  1. I can imagine that you were upset the first time that you visited this place to see such things but this happens in every country. They say it also about Thailand but it is a great destination and there are a lot of nice things to see.

    I didn't visit Hongkong but I was in China some years ago and I like this country.
    There is something for everyone and the people are so friendly.

    Drinking for free; I can imagine that everyone likes that (LOL)

    You have luck to have a husband as pilot; he can show you all the beautiful places in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's difficult to tell male from female in real life then how difficult is it on the net.
    Ah well us girls have to stick together, especially when the drinks are free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you say blokes.:)
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I have not ever been to Hong Kong. Besides, I'm not a prostitute. And I'm a woman. Some times people think I'm a man.

    Confusing. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read that, I thought I was back in Bangkok! Amusing tale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is upsetting Erik, but well worth a visit!

    Madame Toad, you look very fetching in your suit.

    Thank you for stopping by tc; you're a great BLOKE.

    Yeah right Morgy, people mistake you for a man and me for an angel...lmao

    Oh are you going to share some stories Keith?

    ReplyDelete