Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2007

WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION


When was the last time you heard of a blonde woman from New Zealand, blowing up a plane with a tube of toothpaste??? Ridiculous, isn't it!

Before entering airport security, every liquid or smearable product in a passenger's hand luggage has to be placed in a see-through bag and shown to a security officer. It's a waste of time if you ask me - most of the time they don't even look at the items.

Once, I forgot to empty my water bottle, was taken aside and given the third degree. I felt like a criminal.

Recently at Heathrow airport, getting through security involved: queuing for 90 mins with hundreds of people, almost passing out from the heat, and showing my little baggy and passport to half the airport staff. Followed by, a further 20 mins of queuing to enter the gate lounge. I was exhausted before I even boarded the plane. What a nightmare.

Why aren't security personnel profiling travelers instead of making people like me display our deodorants, lip balms, toothpaste etc, in a little plastic bag? Come on people, what kind of terrorist attack can I possibly perform with the use of my LIP BALM!

Love KB
x

11 comments:

  1. Here here! It is SO ridiculous. I had to take my belt off in Aaman airport in Jordan, and my trousers fell down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of killer lips but killer lip balm? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in all fairness who would've ever thought someone would try to blow up a plane by lighting their shoes on fire?
    It's unfortunate people so filled with hate and misguided religious beliefs will try anything to get hazardous items aboard a plane.
    They are constantly trying to come up with new ways and new items to accomplish their goal, that is why we must remain vigilant.

    Unfortunately this is the age we live in and because of it the world and freedoms we once knew are a thing of the past.

    Hey bet you didn't think a cat could get serious did you? lol

    Btw, if a man is a bloke what is a woman called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi KB. Guess what? I got a new computer, had a lot of trouble (understatement), and somehow failed to transfer you onto my 'Favourites'. Apologies. Added now!
    I think that the security staff at Heathrow just didn't want you to leave our country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the laws changed previous year and it was difficult to find out what is allowed to carry in your handluggage and what not.
    Especially for the liquids some things looks me ridiculous and is going a little bit too far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hi just read keith's comment Would have loved to see that. It is a bit over the top isn't it. The baddies will find something else and soon we can't take anything in the plane anymore

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO Keith. Are you serious?

    toadee - I hear cherry lip balm can be quite deadly

    tc - I do hear what you are saying but I've done so much travelling recently, it's all becoming such a nightmare. BTW Missy is correct, shelia or chick are quite common terms for the ladies here.

    Missy - I will be visiting your blog shortly. Never thought of hiding weapons in eyeshadow before.

    Dickiebo - I've missed you. Welcome back. How dare you forget I'm one of your favourites. Next time I'm over your side of the world, I'll come for a visit and bring my DOG. lmao!

    Erik - I agree. If someone wants to bring an item onto a plane, they will find a way.

    Marja - and there are so many items on the plane itself which could be used as a weapon. I also wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Keith's trousers fell down. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mad blonde shiela is right! What about the approx 200l of highly flammable 80 proof liquor that goes by the name of "Duty Free" that is regularly brought on to the aircraft? Such is the power of the retail sector that they can effectively over-ride security provisions. Money talks.
    KB's hubby

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO hubby! At the mad blonde sheila comment not the plane blowing up. Just so there's no confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well then you're a pretty cool sheila.lol
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  11. And you're a top bloke tc

    ReplyDelete