Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2008

FREE BOOKS

I'm an avid reader - well, I was before I discovered blogging! My spare room is literally full of boxes of books. These pics are of some of the books I haven't started reading yet.



I'm sure this pic is upside down...another blonde moment!





Most people rescue puppies or kittens...I rescue books. My friend Jay and I filled my car with books which were heading to the recycle truck. Tsk, throwing away books...what a waste.





I'm heading somewhere with this post, honest.






I've been a member of bookcrossing.com for three years now. Basically, after I've finished reading a book, I send it on to another bookcrosser or leave it in a public place for somebody else to pick up and hopefully read. It's a wonderful way of sharing books and as you can see from the above pics; I hardly have space for the books I've yet to read, never mind the ones I've finished!

I received the above book in the mail recently. After five minutes of drooling over the book jacket, I turned to the blurb inside which reads:


"Blistering sexuality and eroticism...electrically charged and just a sinful good read!"


There was also a postcard inside which said:


Hi KB, this book is a surprise for you...I just didn't know which bookcrosser would like to read it and you were my choice...


I laughed so much when I read this. I wasn't sure if I should be offended or delighted that someone I hardly know would think this was the perfect book for me.


Maybe he's been spying on me...LMAO!


I have a few books to send on to my blog friends. If you are interested in any of these authors, please leave me a comment here or contact me via email. You're under no obligation to join bookcrossing or pass the books on...I'd just prefer to send my books on to friends who will actually read them.

Girlie stuff - Paullina Simons, Rosie Thomas, Catherine Alliott

Thrillers, Horror - Harlan Coben, David Baldacci, Jeffery Deaver, Dean Koontz



Happy Reading.


P.S. Nauti Nights isn't available as I have a feeling my girl Missy would enjoy it...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



11 comments:

  1. Hi there KB im LUNA i would like very much that after your finish with the book Nauti Nights that you would pass it to me. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you have reading work for many months. I see many books which you didn't read.

    Enjoy it but keep writing here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice the playboy mag have you read that one or could you post it over

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love DC (my husband). Same interest. When shopping (doesn't happen often) he will sooner or later disappear in a bookshop leaving me waiting outside.

    I have added you to my links on both Middle Ditch and Monique. I will tell you when another episode is on and when I posted another segment.

    lol and hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it all makes sense, that strange letter I received just the other day from some place called Hollywood, something about was I available to play the male lead in a film of a book called Nauti Nights.

    (I'm considering it but it depends who I'm playing opposite)

    Hey, what a coincidence, I'm a member of bookcrossing too, I've met some wonderful people on there (and some scary ones lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I think that if your bookcase pic is upside down then the books on the botton 2 shelves ( top in the way you posted it) are flying. You do of course LIVE upside down being in NZ, so perhaps your upside down is my right side up.I'll have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ` I duvs books! Especially the science ones! I haven't read half of mine....
    ` I found 'Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them' in an elevator with some other stuff. It's so hilarious!
    ` I'd rather people left them for other people rather than throwing them away - I was shocked to find 'The Fellowship of the Ring' in my mom's boyfriend's wastebasket!
    ` I left it there, but only because he didn't have the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Luna - as I explained in the post; the book you requested is already spoken for. Let me know if there is another you are interested in and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erik - will pribably take me years to read them all as I'm too busy blogging these days!

    WS - Damn, I thought I'd hidden my nude pics.

    Missy - You're a girl after my own heart but you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monique - thanks for adding me, I''m on my way over for another look.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. toadee - thank God for BC eh *wink*

    Keith - have you figured it out yet?

    SEEEEEEE - books in the bin...eek!!

    ReplyDelete