Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME



I've always wanted to see my name in lights.


I thoroughly enjoyed my 40th birthday party. I spent the evening with 20 of my nearest and dearest. I ate, drank, laughed, sang, danced, sang a song with my Dad, had my feet massaged, drank some tequila and I don't remember the rest. I do remember stumbling to bed at 3am. I'd like to say a special thank you to hubby for spending hours and hours preparing the food.







Things I know now which I didn't know before I turned 40

- Tequila and red wine do not mix...actually I already knew this but I obviously haven't learned my lesson

- I still don't know if I should use learnt or learned in the above sentence

- Men do not wear underwear under kilts

- It's not a good idea to wear the same top you wore in the Christmas photos cause people will think you don't have any other clothes


- Living in the humidity of Auckland still makes my hair frizz even after turning 40...bugga

-I have to be in as many photos as possible

- When you turn 40, people start giving you face creams as presents













Awww, still Daddy's girl




A wonderful surprise to see my youngest step-daughter in town for a flying visit.



Why is it that after drinking tequila everyone thinks they can sing? I'd turn the sound down if you dare watch. Thank God I invited the neighbours or they would have called the police because of the dreadful noise.



OMG, I'm not in this photo!






Me thinks hubby had too much tequila

9 comments:

  1. look like you had a wonderful time so it's a pity you can't remember hehe.
    It is a nice dress but don't over use it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the funniest things I've ever read! Sounds like you had a great time. Here's to your 50th - and I'm inviting myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Toadee. It's not a dress...do you think my legs are black or somethin? Toadee had a blonde moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am only here to amuse you all Keith. Please don't mention the other F word, let me get used to being the first F word before you start planning the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my extensive experience, its all downhill from here on in!

    Just kidding, i'm sure you will look as stunning when you are 90 as you do now!

    Love you babe
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((((((((Elmo)))))))) You are half my age but very wise. Here's hoping you look as good as your mum when you are my age. *wink*

    Love ya baby girl
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems you had a great time. Love your name on the window. Never got creams when I turned 40 They must already have given up on that. You can't do anything with them either dear. Too young. Have to leave the video till I am home

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to see you back Marja. I missed you.

    WS - No, I snore much louder than that.

    ReplyDelete