Pages

Friday 22 August 2008

FICTION FRIDAY - THE THIEF

I found this link for
on our buddy

The idea is to read the prompt and write for five mins without editing.


THIS WEEK'S PROMPT

Have your character steal something. Now have her rationalize it.


She stares at the jar of coins under the sink. Her mother has been saving her change for quite a while now and the jar is half full.

Surely she won't miss a couple, she thinks to herself.

The girl needs only a few more coins to add to her pocket money to buy the record she has been saving for.

Would it really do any harm to slip two or three coins into my pocket?

The waiting is unbearable, if she doesn't buy it today, she'll have to wait for another week. She sits on the bus, the coins burning a hole in her pocket as well as in her heart.

Mum works so hard, she's saving the money in the jar for Christmas presents for ME.

The daughter will confess to her mother when she returns home.
It's only a silly record...she can wait another week.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks hun. I always appreciate your input as you are one of my favourite writers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to FF! I liked that. Short sweet and to the point. A very different piece from your norm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you were talking about me there for a minute Keith. Thanks hun. Another one of my favourite writers shows up. I see a pattern here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgoodness...i can't believe i forgot to comment. i read this earlier and thought it was a fabulous 55! too bad i'm uhhh getting kind of ummm blonde ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. C - LMAO! You just had a classic blonde moment girl and not for the reason you stated here. You did comment on my 55 yesterday...this is a different post x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now although ya blonde.....
    I understood that

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're understanding blonde? Be afraid...be very afraid.

    ReplyDelete