Pages

Friday 22 August 2008

FLASH 55 - TIME

tick, tock, tick, tock
how do I make the ticking stop
there aren't enough hours in the day
most of them spent dreaming away


tick, tock, tick, tock
back to the chores, where's my mop
hands move slowly, a waiting game
days passing, remaining the same



Will I fulfill my dreams before the ticking stops?



Bugga, bugga, bugga! I had quite a good rhythm going there. I reached my 55 word allocation too soon and now I have run out of time and have to shoot off. Quite funny actually considering my topic today.

Is that how tick tock is spelt or is it tic tock...oh wait, that's tic tac. I'm so blonde today. Must need more coffee.



Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss - . If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

19 comments:

  1. i feel like your 55 sometimes. this was a great one, kb. i'm up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you always seem to know where I am coming from. I'm on my way for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could do this Kiwi!!
    Always a great job!!
    I love rhyming 55's...
    Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ever relate to this one. Seems like I just get started and the day's half gone. And I look at the net effect and it's always disappointing.

    Oh well, at least I get to read some great 55's along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi KB how are you doing girl. I loved your 55 Suddenly hear the clock ticking now. I am dreaming much of it away as well, not mopping though.
    Loved to see your pictures from the past too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep tight G.

    Mojo - Nice way of looking at it.

    Marja - I missed you, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, life does seem to passing one by!

    & we keep postponing fulfilling our dreams...

    Great 55ve KB! mine's up too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Tick tock" is correct. Great job, KB... you can feel the unending demands and the drudgery.

    I'm up, too.
    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drudgery was exactly what I was aiming to create. On my way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a feeling here that you found it difficult to find something to write about but as usual you came through with flying colours.
    and that is the beauty of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bugga, he's onta me.

    Thanks hun x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant 55! I think we can all relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks MissGurl. I'm on my way to visit ya.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a wonderful time looking at those pics posted below. My daughter has just scanned many old pics and, to my delight, has put them on facebook. Oh what some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ouch, you've hit a nerve. never enough time for the dreams.

    you really use the rhythm well maybe you could use your 55 as the base for a longer piece

    and now, on behalf of you, introducing.............Flash 555 hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Missy - I saw you on earlier but I was half way through an episode of Angel and practically licking the TV. Beep me next time x

    Monique - Happy you enjoyed the pics. When will you be sharing yours?

    Toadee - You know me too well. I struggle sometimes keeping to 55 and at other times it's a piece of cake. If anyone can do flash 555...it's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the clock has been ticking today. I felt just like that!

    I'm up, too!

    Donnetta

    ReplyDelete