Pages

Monday 18 August 2008

I WAS AFRAID...I WAS VERY AFRAID

In case you haven't noticed...I've been having a bit of a clear out lately. I came across some pics which amused me today. I'm not one for adventures of the exhilarating kind. I often tell hubby, "Why do I need to jump out of an aeroplane? I can freak myself out some days just standing in a queue at the supermarket."

When we were on hols years ago, he decided to book us on a wee adventure (without telling me). We took a ride in a helicopter, jet boated down the river and rafted down the Kawarau. I shit myself (not literally) before hand, enjoyed the helicopter immensely, the jet boat ride was cool and I squealed with delight down the rapids (much to the disgust of my instructor who kept hitting me on my helmet with his paddle and reminding me I should be paddling). I'd never do the rafting again cause well...I'm a pussy and when one of the rafts capsized my plan was to burst out laughing (from fear I expect) but I'm happy I did it.

I'M THE ONE GRINNING IN THE MIDDLE




TAKEN BEFORE WE HEADED TO THE RAFT...LOOKING LIKE I'VE SEEN A GHOST




I'M SECOND ON THE RIGHT; TRYING TO REMEMBER TO PADDLE





BUGGA! WHERE DID I GO?



Hope you likey

Later

xxx

6 comments:

  1. So after all that....did ya have ta sleep in the wet spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve - Did ya notice what I was wearing mate? No chance of getting out of that wetsuit in a hurry. If I'd wet myself...I would have been sitting in a wet spot all day!

    Missy - Take care of yourself hun. Talk to ya soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were so adventurous.

    Seems you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik - I'm not usually :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't know about you but I found the whole skin tight wetsuit and bouncing around rather invigorating.
    What a rush, are you up for doing it again?

    ReplyDelete