Pages

Saturday 16 August 2008

NEW BEGINNINGS

I've been looking through a journal I found which is full of poems and stories I wrote years ago. I kinda like this one actually.

Photo source: Pixabay



Beginnings are so wonderful
The spirit sours, the heart is full
Hard times and worries melt away
Thinking of him gets me through the day

Romantic music, candles and flowers
Staying in bed, talking for hours
Sleepless nights just being together
You know that this will last forever

I wonder when we begin to forget
Those special feelings when we first met
Time is spent surviving the daily muddle
Who has the time or energy to cuddle

But I love him more and more each day
I know we'll survive, we'll find a way
So I'll think back to the first time we kissed
And know time spent together is not to be missed

8 comments:

  1. awww that is sweet! :) i have a couple of poems on this blog http://herroyalness.blogspot.com it's mostly my kids' artwork on there though LOL you might have to go back to older posts if it's not on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, I will check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy - very true Missy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a really beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sob* you are such a romantic. I'll just have to marry you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim - First you want to adopt me and now you want to marry me...whatever next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no, I'm so confused, I just don't know what to do with you

    ReplyDelete