Pages

Sunday 21 September 2008

ANOTHER DOG STORY

Recently, 24 of New Zealand's top search and rescue dogs were training in the South Island. Some of the best trackers have been saved from death row at the pound.

According to one trainer, most dogs they recover from the pound have the right attitude for search and rescue. One of her dogs arrived with a broken leg but he still couldn't wait to get started. Most of the dogs start off really hyper but give them some training and a job to do and they become totally different dogs.

The dogs main role is to find people who go missing in the bush and elderly people who wander off from rest homes.

Amazing when you think about it really. Dogs tossed aside and neglected by humans being trained to save our lives.

7 comments:

  1. Great story, I am behind in reading your blog but I am only one week back from travel.

    I need to read your postings in your blog very soon because you posted a lot I didn't read and your postings are always great and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcom back Erik!
    Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - Usually I understand your comments but you've really lost me this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wives are blind when it comes to their dog. Hers can do no wrong, except when it does......She is such a whoos. She doesn't seem to realise that the dog needs a leader, not an accomplice. I have to retrain the mutt every time I come home. The wife as well. At least she is as cute as hell.............

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I don't mean the dog, just in case Mutters sees fit to comment. Anyway, he can't talk.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby - How's the wife training working out for ya hun :)

    As for the Muttars comment....don't get it. Actually, you are in the next room so perhaps I'll just ask ya, LOL!

    ReplyDelete