Pages

Friday 12 September 2008

FLASH 55 - BREATHE

The page is blank, the slate is clean?
Words are controlled, they stifle me.
No rhythm or rhyme.
Cursor blinks, taunting me.
Clearly quite absurd.
Breathe girl, breathe.

A blank page, a fresh start.
Inspiration awaits.
The words begin to flow,
enabling my escape.
Life is full of promise again.
I'm finally free to breathe.

Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss - . If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

17 comments:

  1. it would keep flowing if you didn't have to stop at 55.well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more you do this the better you get i am so glad you are doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you polite and softly spoken one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen...
    Perfect!!
    Thanks for the visit, it sure is great to have you back.
    Thanks for participating, and have a GREAT WEEK-END...G xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks G. I forgot to let you know I posted. I'll blame the time difference. Will visit ya now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. breathing is a good thing :)

    great 55, kb...i'm up w a 'dark' one this week. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Heads over to the dark side*

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Breathe girl, breathe"... my favorite part. I like the theme here. Very cool.

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say...I like that line too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we have all felt this way. As a matter of fact, every week when the 55 time rolls around, lol.

    I love the flow you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's me...just going with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I know that feeling!

    Well done, especially on breathing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathing is very powerful energy source!

    It really removes blockages & make you flow freely!

    Great 55ve Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great 55!

    A pleasure to have found you!

    This is fun.....

    Make it a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man do I ever know that feeling! When the blank page is before you, mocking you, daring you to tap out a few letters. But then... the first phrase, the first word even... and you can breathe again.

    Nice one. I think everybody here has been there.

    ReplyDelete