Pages

Friday 21 November 2008

THE STRANGER

This week's prompt for Sunday Scribblings isn't up yet so I'm going to try the prompt from last week - Stranger

It's a welcome change to have the pool area to myself. Ah, the perfect afternoon. After dangling my feet in the pool, sunning myself on the deck, enjoying a cold beer and a sandwich, I'm ready for an afternoon nap.

A shadow passes by, stirring me from peaceful slumber. I'm annoyed by this disruption to my solitude. From beneath my shades, I check out this intruder. He is a STRANGER to me but man would I like to know him better.

While feigning sleep, I watch him settle himself by the pool. He removes his watch and kicks off his shoes. I watch entranced as his long fingers unbutton his shirt. He is tall and lean. I imagine running my fingers through the hairs on his chest.

He opens a magazine and chuckles at the images before him. Unaware of my glances, he gently strokes his chin which appears to comfort him as he reads on. I imagine how the stubble on his face would feel against my body.

I stretch and yawn to attract his attention. I look over and he grins for ear to ear. My heart melts. He stands and runs into the arms of his lover...an equally attractive man. Bloody typical!

5 comments:

  1. Two twists in the tale ...hehehehe Thought that was well done aye!
    Good one girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi what a surprising and funny end. Well done KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh, a glipse into the mind of Karen hehe, I've often wondered what women think when they look at me.

    You're right though one way or another the best are usually taken.

    Well written my friend.

    Good to see you blogging hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it Steve and Marja.

    LMAO at you Toadee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I say something funny? ;)

    ReplyDelete