Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2008

THE WEEK THAT WAS - PART ONE

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN

Where to begin? Hubby and I have been experiencing several challenges recently (understatement of the year).

We decided it was time for some relaxation. Hubby de-stresses by exercising. He used to play volleyball for New Zealand many years ago and has recently taken up the sport again. The problem is, he plays with the enthusiasm of a 19 year old while residing in the body of a forty something. So, I sent him off on his merry way with the words, "Don't over do it."

Ah, time for me to relax. I ran myself a bubble bath, lit candles and poured myself a glass of wine. I'd been in the bath all of five minutes when the phone rang. "Hi darling, I'm at the A&E (accident and emergency room) can you pick me up when you are free?"

This was the end result.



Looks like I'll be playing nurse for at least six weeks.

6 comments:

  1. OW! That's always fun. How long will that take to heal? My boyfriend's been hurt bad playing soccer, but his most painful game was being hit on the neck by a ball kicked at point-blank, which knocked him out a minute, just after getting a sprained ankle!
    ` He came home shuffling and unable to talk.

    P.S. COmp's back online for first time in a month. Amazing pictures of new place coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take at leasst six weeks.

    I'll swing by and visit you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six weeks! I hope that cast isn't too cumbersome, considering he'll probably be as bored as all hell being unable to walk... if you know what I mean....

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEE - He's not bored yet but it's early days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's lucky to have such a wonderful nurse, if I thought you were available for the job I'd break my own leg ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toadee - thanks sweetie.

    Missy - He's not used to relaxing for long periods of time so this will be a real test for BOTH of us.

    ReplyDelete