Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2008

THE WEEK THAT WAS - PART THREE

ASK YOURSELF BETTER QUESTIONS

Hubby and I are listening to a very informative personal development programme. Before you all cringe, it's actually interesting and I've learned a lot.

One of the assignments was to write down some common questions we ask ourselves on a regular basis. Some of the examples were:

Why does this always happen to me?

Why am I in a relationship that doesn't work?

Why did I do something so stupid?

The mind is a powerful tool. If you ask the above questions, your mind will search for the answers and focus on all the reasons...these things always happen to you, why your relationship doesn't work and why you are stupid.

Consider asking yourself better questions. Here are some I came up with:

How can I design a better life for myself and my loved ones and enjoy the process?

What can I learn from my relationships so I don't make the same mistakes again?

What's amusing about this situation and how can I learn from it?

Give it a try. Changing the questions you ask yourself really does take your focus in another direction.

I have to dash off now but I'll be back.

Love y'all
XXXX

4 comments:

  1. Well it sounds as if you were paying attention there Miss KB. Well I hope you have fun wherever it is you may be running off to. Come visit me at my blog sometime soon. I miss you great big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good approach. I have had a lot of sucess with re-framing questions to my self and certainly with learning to change my 'angle of view'

    stay well and look after that poorly hubby lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy and Toadee - I knew you two would understand.

    ReplyDelete