Pages

Sunday 14 December 2008

SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS - I KNEW INSTANTLY...

I KNEW INSTANTLY I was going to struggle with this prompt. I'm not a 'know instantly' kind of girl. I'm a ponderer, dweller, list maker, what ifer (that can't be a word). I'm sure you understand what I mean. Spontaneity is not my friend and I hate surprises. Anything spontaneous has to be arranged at least a week in advance and any surprise must be approved by me beforehand. I am exaggerating of course but only slightly.

I blame my mother. She is even guiltier of this than I am. Getting both of us to be spontaneous simultaneously is quite the accomplishment. Many have tried, few have succeeded.

I used to be embarrassed by this trait but now I accept it as being a part of who I am. Hubby has made it his personal mission to scare the shit...I mean surprise me on a regular basis. I'm pleased to say I'm getting more laid back each year. However, if he ever throws me a surprise party...I WILL kill him.

17 comments:

  1. Let your husband know beforehand for the surprise party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a know instantly kind of person either...glad to see I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice writing - I can sure relate to this piece and those feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I usually like to be prepared as well and I can be impulsive as long if I choose to, not somebody else. Have a great day KB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaa haa haaa! Wow. I'm only just getting good at list-making because I'm used to unpredictability.
    ` Maybe we can trade skills?

    BTW, I didn't know I'd have a shower scene on Saturday until... Saturday.
    ` I bet that would freak you out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BJ - Nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marja - You have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy - You and I have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SEE - I think you and I are complete opposites...it's what I love about ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... so you don't know about the party? Oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trust you to put your foot in it Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd kill mine too if he ever would dare to do that.

    I am very impulsive and it's not always good. It can get me into trouble.

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quiet down...maybe some people love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get in enough trouble already!

    ReplyDelete