Pages

Monday 16 March 2009

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Hubby and I have live in our present home for most of our married lives. We learned recently that the spacious paddock behind our house will soon be full of houses *sigh* . The time has arrived to decided if we will renovate or move on. With this in mind, we took a trip to Waiheke Island to check out some properties.

WAIHEKE ISLAND IS A 45 MIN FERRY RIDE FROM HOME



SOMETHING INTERESTING HAPENED TO MY TOP, I THINK IT'S THE SHADOW OF THE STAIRS ABOVE.




BYE BYE AUCKLAND





We had a fabulous time but didn't experience that feeling you have when you walk into the 'right' place. Oh wait, I did get that feeling once but the land alone was worth over a million, yikes!

We decided to stay where we are for now and do the old girl up - that's the house, not me.

Now where to start?

WAIHEKE ISLAND



10 comments:

  1. Home is where the heart is. Not sure why I said that, but it seemed sort of appropriate at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just cheaper to keep her....
    All of those holiday pics and no toe shots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like any place over there would be a wonderful place to live.
    I hope to visit down under one of these days. My cousins are in Sydney! Good luck with your renovations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulda - It's worth a visit for sure.

    G - Do you ever give up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's nic e to just look and see and often it persuades you that staying put is not a bad option.
    At least it was a day out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and BTW. I am quite happy to work on the renovations, I charge very little (room and board will be fine). The only catch is that my travelling expenses are a trifle high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toadee - You do make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn! she didn't take me seriously ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed it was sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete