Pages

Thursday 30 April 2009

SKYWATCH, FLASH 55, FOLLOWED BY A RAMBLE

Yikes, I only sat down here for a few minutes and it's seems I had more to share than I thought. Hope you make it to the end of the post :)


SKYWATCH


SNAPPED THIS ONE AT THE ZOO A FEW WEEKS AGO.



There's a link to skywatch on my sidebar. Feel free to visit.



RAMBLE

Having a great day. Went for my follow up appointment after coming off my happy pills. All is good and I'm making excellent progress. Woohoo. I'm back to my old self again and it feels great. The hardest part for me was not being in touch with my emotions. For example, I could have been watching a heartbreaking movie, feeling sad but unable to cry (I usually cry at the drop of a hat). Anyway, I know I'm back to normal because I cried over who left Idol the other day. Sad but true. BTW Please don't mention any Idol updates as lil ole New Zealand is a few weeks behind (as usual).

So you'll be pleased to know that usual KB transmissions will resume. Actually, me thinks I've been back on track for a couple of weeks now.

*Does Happy dance* or should that be moody dance now?




I was trying to explain to a friend the other day how it feels to be depressed. It's hard to explain but I think I'll give it a try for my 55 this week.





FLASH 55 - THE WELL

Bruised and battered, bravely hanging on.
Mind and body have found rythme; slipping further into the well. No longer calling for help or trying to climb. Her focus is on staying out of the darkness below. The finality of it terrifies her. A rope appears, she reaches out and is pulled back into the light.



Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!





IN OTHER NEWS

I treated myself to some new bras this morning. The shop assistant asked if I wanted to pay $0.20 for a bag. WTF? Bit of a cheek if you ask me. I declined but felt rather foolish walking around the shopping centre with two bras in my hand.

I'm heading out to have dinner with my parents tonight. It's Friday, I wonder what we'll be having? I'm spending the rest of the evening with G and her fella. We're going to knock back a few to celebrate their move. They will be leaving early in the morning *sob*.

That's all folks. Thanks for making it to the end of my post.

Love KB
xxx

20 comments:

  1. That´s one great wispy zoo sky! Yup, don´t save 0,20 on the bags, you end up looking like a dork.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lucky escape there. Saved in a flash, as it were :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope now that your off the pills you can stay out of the well.
    Good story. I do think it helps one to understand what depression feels like.
    My 55 is done an up but don't let that depress you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent 55 today.

    My '55' is posted. Scroll down on the Friday blog or use the link provided at the very top! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time carry a grocery bag in your purse...Cheeky AND Cheesy if you ask me..

    Excellent 55 Karen, depression has no easy solution. I know!!

    Ride it out, and count your many many blessings. Thanks for playing this week, you are an awesome writer..
    Have a Great Week-End....G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now our youngest dragon is depressed. I think he fell in your well. We are looking for a rope.
    Interesting 55,

    We dragons have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. me thinks your ramble and your 55 work well together.

    At least you have a reason to be carrying around bras (well two reasons) Bras are just one of the things I get lumbered with carrying on family shopping trips but I wouldn't have paid for a bag, I'd save the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear you're feeling better m'dear. :)

    That's a great 55 - back into the light!

    It's disgusting that they charge for bags - I bought a pair of shoes this morning and the assistant said "would you like a bag" of course I said "Yes" thinking why wouldn't I want one?

    She then said that'll be 4pence for the bag! "Keep it" I said and popped the shoes into my voluminous handbag until I got to the car! Cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clouds have a wonderful shape.
    http://digitalpolaroids.blogspot.com/2009/05/clouds-in-valley.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Over here, a lot of stores make you bring your own bag, or will charge you for one...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rope of hope is ALWAYS there.

    Great 55ve. Pay for the carry bag! are they crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sky shot. Brilliant blue, but also interesting clouds high up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great 55. i do know a little what depression feels like :-/ .20 for a bag. they're going to start charging in vegas where my son & parents live .30 a bag if you want plastic.

    no 55 from the hubs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chrome - Gee thanks, LOL.

    Ant - Clever comment.

    DJ - I'll be chaecking in with you later.

    Anni - I'm on my way shortly. Have a great weekend sweetie.

    Yogi - Glad you likey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. G - I have a bags in my car for grocery shopping but this is the first time another type of store has asked to pay for bags.

    Have a great weekend sweets.

    Fandango - I will be over shortly to make the youngster smile.

    Did - Thanks so much.

    Buff - Looks like that's the way things are heading. User pays for everything.

    Toadee - Count yourself lucky you only have to carry bras and don't have to wear them. Well as far as I know...

    Ake - glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks it's cheeky.

    Mona - I like the way you are thinking. Good point about the rope.

    Robert - Glad you likey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ciara - Seems to be the way things are going. All those little amounts will add up quickly too.

    Hubby is overseas at mo. I don't think he will be posting a 55 this week but he has some wonderful shots of Candada to post at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Missy - How did I know you would totally get me? I'm sure we are related, hehe! Love you girl. The family are on their merry way.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. a wonderful page with a wonderful lady and her family. Enjoyed the re-visit. Be good to yourself and it will all come back to you. You are a dear lady and Vitamin K for me. thank you for your friendship. Always, Darrel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey it's vitamin D. So nice to see you and thank you for your kind words and support x

    ReplyDelete