Pages

Monday 13 April 2009

THE WEEK THAT WAS

Happy Easter all. I don't know about you but I've had a really fun week.

The family took a trip to our local temple. It's a short drive from where I live, the food was delicious, and the setting was tranquil and beautiful. I can't believe I've never visited before and I'll definitely go back.






Hubby and I are in the process of redecorating the house. He decided to drag me along to Mitre 10. I giggle when I go there; the men strut around on a mission to find tools. You can almost hear them grunting - must build things, must make fire, must drag woman around by hair, must beat chest, grunt, grunt.



Hubby surprised me with a trip to the Viaduct for a seafood dinner. Yum, yum! We ordered an enormous seafood platter to share, finished the whole lot AND dessert, and I didn't spill anything down my white blouse (amazing but true).

Oh, I almost forgot. We were given the wrong directions to the restaurant, parked the car and headed off in the opposite direction. Hubby was about to pop into a hotel to ask the way when a taxi driver asked if he could help us. He said he knew the place we were looking for and to hop in and he would take us there. It was a bitterly cold night so we jumped in the cab and he dropped us outside. Hubby offered him money for the ride but the driver declined. He also informed us how to find our way back to the car park after dinner.

I was gobsmacked. Not only by the fact he didn't accept our money but by my cynicism. I thought he had only picked us up to charge us money but it was a total random act of kindness. Thank you, kind sir.

In other news both my step-daughters and hubby's step-daughter and her kids are here for a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see them and take some pics to share with you. All my babies here at once - it doesn't get much better than that.

Later gators
xxx


7 comments:

  1. Yea. Cynicism. See? I told you that I'm really a luvly guy!!! lol.
    Food at a Temple???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I think you're luvly - for a dog hater x

    Yes, there was a cafe on site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know for a moment I thought you were going to make a crack about the worship of food and wine.
    Looks lovely.

    I have to say that, following this post, I am very concerned that you and Hubby aren't eating enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful and Happy Easter to you and your family KB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the random act of kindness best. There are so few. Treasure that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do make me giggle Toadee.

    Missy - Hope all went well.

    Jadey - Happy Easter to you too.

    Dr - I will do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and that's without even knowing your ticklish spots

    ReplyDelete