Pages

Thursday 14 May 2009

A Combined Effort

Hubby and I are both feeling creative today; a poem from each of us.






In this Electronic Age,
Friends are found, not made.
Attention wanted, freely given,
But you only know what is delivered.

The darker side of an electronic life,
Is the hurt it can cause, a human strife.
Withdrawal from reality to a fantasy world,
Where family is forgotten for the Internet word.

And when worlds collide as is oft the case,
Snakes and demons get a human face.
Real people revealed in a real world,
The fantasy ends, a double-edged sword.

The message here is that the 'net is a tool,
But it cannot separate men from fools.
Only friendships based on truth, trust and integrity
Are the ones to keep - where all is given freely.


Posted by HUBBY


QUOTE OF THE DAY


A friend is a present you give yourself.

- Robert Louis Stevenson


MOVING ON

I thought you were my closest friend.
Looking back; it was all pretend.
Knowing you, made me blind.
Out of sight, out of mind.

Hiding behind others to do your work.
Biding your time, in shadows you lurk.
You can't dream wishes into life.
People for cherishing, are worth the fight.

Questions answered, suspicions confirmed.
Funeral pyres built and burned.
Time to breathe freely, fog has cleared.
Aches and pains have disappeared.

I will miss my friend, this is true.
But you were not him.
I'm over you.


POSTED BY KB


Have a great/day night.

Love KB
xxx





9 comments:

  1. Very nice poem and its somewhat so true...both of u write well...

    nice...take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A double dose of Kiwi talent eh?

    Very well done...Give me the same double shot tomorrow Karen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, G-Man. Sometimes it comes when the spirit moves me....
    So, if its raining tomorrow, you may even get a double 55!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you are both 'singing from the same hymn book'

    It's so true that people can hide their true self on the internet and befriending someone electronically takes both bravery and recklessness. It can work but the number of times it hurts can outweigh the good.
    I'm glad I managed to dig through all the dross and find you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good and bad people are everywhere.. Learn to read people, and you will be more trusting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful focusing of random thoughts! lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two poems for the price of one visit and a connecting comment. This must be my lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toadee - I'm glad we found each other too.

    Missy - Thanks girl.

    Buff - Trouble is I am very trusting. That's what got me in trouble in the first place.

    Thanks for stopping by you two.

    ReplyDelete