Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2009

COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE




MOVIE TIME


I've been to see a couple of movies recently - Angles and Deamons and Terminator Salvation (hence the title of my post) hehe. I'd heard good and bad reviews for each so I wasn't expecting too much. I enjoyed A&D but not as much as I enjoyed the book. I'm not usually a big fan of Terminator so I was pleasantly surprised with the movie. Nothing like a bit of action and violence in the afternoon and the story wasn't bad either. Loved it. Saw the preview for Harry Potter too..can't wait.


I'll be back...BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.





SKYWATCH - RUSSELL, NEW ZEALAND




Another pic from our recent holiday.


Follow the link on my sidebar for more SkyWatch




FLASH 55 - A SIMPLE PLAN



The old man hugs his wife goodbye. She can't escape fast enough from his icy grip. She runs into the arms of her much younger lover. Her plan to become comfortably wealthy had been simple but finding true love had never entered the equation. She's made her bed and now she must lie in it.

I'd like to add a special thank you to G-Man this week. The 55 gang grows larger and larger each week yet Galen still manages to visit us all. That's no mean feat (or should I say feet, in your case) my friend. Thanks for visiting me every Friday and leaving your humorous and encouraging comments.

Happy reading and writing everyone.

Love KB

xxx

Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss -

G-MAN If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

26 comments:

  1. Dang Karen...A very spicy 55 this week!!
    Thanks a million for your little show of gratitude. But seriously, it is absolutely an honour to have folks as talented and creative as you, giving me the priveledge of sharing your wit and prose. It is a strain sometimes to get them all in, but it is GREAT reading.
    Thank you also for getting your hubby involved, as far as I know, you 2 are the only husband and wife participants.
    Have a Great Week-End...Galen

    ReplyDelete
  2. G - Man - I was thinking the other day...I'd like to visit all the 55ers but I just don't have the time, which got me wondering how you do it.

    Hubby hasn't written one for a while. I'll give him a nudge.

    Have a great weekend G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous capture! Love the colors and the water!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sylvia. Have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent skywatch post.

    Have a great weekend
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and tranquil scene! Also enjoyed your 55 word story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much April.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy - Right back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hii Karen,

    oh ya so its movie festival going on in your drawing room..lol!! A&D i've heard is good.

    lol...n ya u were making sense today...your comment on my blog was making sense somewhere u were right.

    lol would love to join 55 club but not ready yet to b able to contribute!!

    tc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nazish - WEll I know what I meant anyway. LOL.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the 55's but don't participate... Yours was a new telling of a story that repeats itself through History...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buff - Yes I know, you are too busy cooking to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love your picture and nice 55
    and eh at least she sleeps in a made bed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marja - LOL, had to think what you meant for a minute there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She can't hiii-de
    Her lyin' eyes
    and her smiii-le
    is a thin disguise...

    Wha?? You mean this isn't the Karaoke Comment Bar?

    Oops.

    Nice one KB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. But the bed is stuffed with money and that makes it a little softer. You humans and your love stuff.
    Good 55

    Ours is published.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah Yes! What you sow you also reap.
    Great 55

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mojo - LMAO! Is it THAT obvious I've been listening to THe Eagles again?

    Fandango - On my way little dragons.

    Dr John - Very true.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angles (as in triangles) and Deamons (as in aliens). Never heard of that one! Snicker!

    Jealous of your reading abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  20. SEE - Welcome back. I'll swing by for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to see you still remember me, lol!

    DO watch the videos. They are fun-E!

    ReplyDelete