Pages

Friday 12 June 2009

FLASH 55

The sound of the explosion echoed in Sara's ears. The air around her shook. The barn was alight. Townspeople ran amid the chaos, terror in their eyes, screaming the names of loved ones. Sara barely noticed the glass beneath her bare feet as she followed the masses. Her precious children were alive. Nothing else mattered.

Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love KB
XXX

8 comments:

  1. Wow....that was tense!

    Mine's posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love happy endings. Great 55

    ReplyDelete
  3. KAREN???
    Holy Hell Woman!!
    What got into you this week, did you have a Nightmare?
    Excellent 55 though, very descriptive...Thanks
    Have a Great Week-End....G

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is scary! But what a relief in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could almost hear your NZ accent as i read this. :) Unsettling 55 words!

    Fallen Starlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intense 55 KB. Very well done. Mine is up. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments.

    Don't worry, I have read a couple of books recently set in war time and I guess the events were on my mind.

    ReplyDelete