Pages

Sunday 7 June 2009

AN UNUSUAL BEER HOLDER


A friend of hubby's suggested sticking a can three quarters full of beer up a chicken's bum (before cooking it) would make it more delicious (the chicken not the beer). He was indeed correct but even if he wasn't, it was worth the pic.




QUOTE OF THE DAY

Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does.

- Epictetus

I'SNT EASY LOVING ME

Emotional uncertainty lurks inside.

Laughter erupts as tears subside.

High maintenance emotionally.

Isn't easy loving me.

Questions raised at every move.

Much to gain, more to lose.

I need you now! No, let me be.

Isn't easy loving me.

Crazy stories out of the blue.

Thoughts I share, amusing you.

More inside than what you see.

Isn't easy loving me.

Laughing and loving, what I do best.

Others come first but the real test.

Loving myself to set myself free

but, it isn't easy loving me.

RAMBLE

Hubby and I recently returned from hols. I got a little carried away with my camera (what's new you say) and snapped over 200 pics. Hubby took quite a few too so we are in the process of sorting them before we share. Hopefully, there will be some for you tomorrow.

I spent much of my time away writing. I've a few 55's up my sleeve, G, half a dozen poems and I don't know if you remember my story called Ghosts - I have finally gotten it out of my head and on paper. Will share what I have when I have edited it a bit and chosen a name for my leading lady.

BOOKS I READ DURING MAY

10. The Last Templar - Raymond Khoury
11. Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky
12. Coldwater - Mardi McConnochie
13. The Company - Robert Littell

That's all folks! See you tomorrow.

Love KB

xxx





8 comments:

  1. That has sure stopped me from drinking from the can again!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you found that picture? It is amazing how you always can find so funny pictures or did you make this by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called "Chicken on a Throne", and has been kicking around the U.S. for years... It does work, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken picture was certainly different. Never thought of cooking like that but why not.
    The poem was great.
    Looking forward to the pictures and the 55s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dickie - for a minute there, I thought you meant can, as in toilet, LMAO. I'm so blonde today.

    Erik - I took the pic myself Erik. If there is ever a pic on here which I didn't take, I will give credit to the photographer. We ate the chicken afterwards and it was delicious.

    Buff - Thanks for that. I told hubby the name and he laughed. It sure does work.

    Missy - Why didn't you people tell me this before? Hehe.

    The only reason you and I act the way we do has nothing to do with hormones...we're quite mad. Admit it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr John - Give it a try, it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that looks more like a chicken holder?
    I love the quote and the song
    You are quite a busy bee KB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missy - Your secret is safe with me.

    Marja - Good point. Maybe you could call me a busy KBee.

    ReplyDelete