Pages

Friday 24 July 2009

FRIDAY UPDATE

Yay, finally getting over my flu and out of my pyjamas. Least I did lots of reading.


BOOKS READ THIS MONTH


JULY

17. The Uncanny - Andrew Klavan

18. Writing for self-discovery - Myra Schneider

19. Devil's Waltz - Jonathan Kellerman

20. Bad Love - Jonathan Kellerman




SKYWATCH - CHRISTCHURCH TO WANANKA, NZ
















There's a link to Skywatch on my sidebar.



FLASH 55




Internet buddies
Far and wide
Bring smiles to my face
Tears to my eyes



With me
What you see is what you get
No need to embelish
Like others I've met



Ego maniacs
Drama queens

Who knows what lurks
Behind those screens



Keep your distance
Stay away
Surrounding myself with friends
Who live for today



Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - G-MAN
If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Righto, that's all from me today. I'm off to enjoy my weekend.

Looking forward to NZ/South Africa tomorrow. Go the Mighty All Blacks!

Happy reading and writing!
Love KB
XXX

21 comments:

  1. excellent skywatch! Glad you are feeling better, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've met some people from the net. not bloggy ones yet, but i hope to soon. :) but you're right, can never tell what lurks behind the screens. so far, everyone i've met is exactly as i thought they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting skywatch photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great poem my friend Yes when you ever come to Christchurch we put the barbie on for you
    Hope you are over your flu It wasn't a swine one, was it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice poem about blog friends. I love reading blogs from around the world. Especially here in the U.S. many don't understand the rest of the world because they see it with closed eyes.

    My Flash 55 for this week is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An important point in your 55. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 3rd stanza is right on.

    Mine's posted if you'd like to read 55 words of my encounter with the MIB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks amazing...its like a image from a hollywood movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We dragons tried them screens but they kept burning up.
    Great 55

    Ours is posted

    HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh Cheers to that KB. Great big hugs to you and TGIF love this 55 and mine is up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would like to be on that flight

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was inspired. There is something magic about the internet and you caught a bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos.

    Love your 55!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great through the prop shots. I can't get enough scenenics from NZ and these are super.

    Flash 55 is a neat concept but I don't think I'd be any good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truer words were never spoken Karen..
    Excellent 55 My Dear!!
    I've had the priviledge of meeting several bloggers, it was a RIOT!!
    Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Kick-Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  16. It would be a great disappointment to find a crook behind the good face on the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting. So far I have met only genuine people on the internet. I'm very grateful for that. Your poem echoes my thoughts as well. :))
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete