Pages

Friday 29 January 2010

FLASH 55

He perused his bookshelf, hoping to distract his mind. He'd always been healthy so why was death continuously in his thoughts? He poured a glass of red to calm his nerves. The shrilling phone startled him .Phew, the hospital had given him the all clear. Time to move his coffin to a less conspicuous place?








An inventor from New Zealand has come up with an original idea for a coffin/book case/wine rack . Buying a coffin before death would be one less thing for loved ones to worry about and getting some use out of it before death would be an added bonus.


I think it's a great idea but being reminded of my death on a daily basis isn't really my cup of tea. I'd have to put mine out of sight.




Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss -G-MAN. If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.Happy reading and writing!







20 comments:

  1. You are kidding me. What a great inspiration for a great 55.

    I'm up right HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. good news at least....i saw a coffin coffee table once. freaky stuff. great 55!

    mine is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, That is an awesome idea!
    I'm sure it will catch right on..
    Excellent 55 My Dear.
    I've always LOVED your writing style. Thanks for this fine contribution, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G-Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so practical I would like that idea.. lol.

    From another Blonde Taurus..

    I like your 55.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ~ I would have never guessed...quite an unusual idea. I agree that having it front and center would be a bit ominous.

    You'll find mine here...with an added request to pray for my son and anyone you know that my be in need:

    Friday Flash 55 ~ Wounded Bird

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine looking at my own coffin every day!

    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is resourceful! And great job crafting a 55 around it. *grin*

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got anything ta stop me ccffin?
    Only in NZ babe...........lmao

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe the things people think of, a usable coffin?
    Great 55, though, had me guessing until the end.

    My 55 is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah I don't think I'd like looking at my coffin before I needed it so I 'd never really plan on seeing mine lol.


    Sweetest Of Sorrows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's covering all angles.
    Enjoyed that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol...very interesting n at the same time scary...anything related to coffin is scary..isint it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this 55 KB and wow what an invention I have to say it wasn't too eerie to look at but its one of those mind over matter things knowing what is I would agree out of sight and out of mind lol. Have a great weekend and my 55 is up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow. You're right it *is* a great idea.... but.... LOL

    I love learning something new in a 55, thanks!

    Mine's up here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, the wine-rack-coffin bit has some merit; would take a hard-core individual to park it in the den, though. Yikes.

    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steve - Aren't you glad you're one of us now? Hehe.

    Thanks for all your comments. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for your comment on this blog of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WooHoo!! Great innovative thinking...but I don't know as I'd wanna look at it everyday either.

    Great 55!!!!


    Akannie

    ReplyDelete