Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

Something Dangerous ~ Penny Vincenzi




One of my goals this year is to read more books. You can read my reviews and learn where you can purchase any of the books I've read this year here...KB's Bookshelf.

Here's a bit of the blurb from the back cover...


It is 1928: the dizzy twenties are passing into the glamorous thirties, and the misery and horror of the First World War are far behind. But, as the twins move into adult life, against their glittering socail background the spectre of Nazi Germany, wearing its terrifyingly seductive face of success and prosperity, is growing. Gradually the twins' lives darken un unimaginable ways: Venitia finds herself humiliated and rejected in what promised to be a brilliant mariiaged; Adele is trapped in war- torn Paris with two tiny children. Then and only then do they find their own worth and what they are truly capable of.


KB's Comments


This is the second book in a series of three. The characters are strong and the plot interesting. I love a girlie book which is set in past times. I find learning more about history through a novel much more interesting than reading a history book on the topic. I'm already over half way through the next book and it's fab.




Are you reading anything interesting besides my blog?

See you tomorrow for Coco's Animal Antics
Love KB
xxx

3 comments:

  1. nice...def passing this off to my wife...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw...
    You Blog is FAR more interesting!
    Except for maybe a 55 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done with the first three books of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Then I'll be back to my historical romances. I'm more interested in the romp than in historical accuracy.

    ReplyDelete