Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Turn Off That Tap



I'm a member of meyouhealth.com. Each day I receive an email suggesting a way to improve my physical/mental/enviromental health. I'd like to share today's challenge with you.



Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth.

How To Do It

After you wet your toothbrush, turn off the water. Leave it off until you are finished brushing and ready to rinse.

Why It Matters

Saving water helps to maintain water supplies at safe levels. Lower water levels can contribute to higher concentrations of human and natural pollutants, which can put our health and the health of the environment at risk. Turning off the tap also saves an enormous amount of energy that's expended in treating the water and delivering it to your home. Leaving the tap running for five minutes uses roughly the same amount of energy as running a 60-watt light bulb for 14 hours. Plus, saving water means saving money - and every little bit helps!

Fun Fact

The first toothbrush dates back to 3000 BC. It was a thin twig with a frayed edge that would be rubbed against the teeth.

KB's Challenge

I already do this to save a little water. Didn't really think about the fact I was saving power too so I'll continue turning off the tap.

See you tomorrow
Love KB
xxx

6 comments:

  1. We had a water shortage crisis years ago, and that was the first thing they advised us to do. I got into the habit. It really does save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen...
    Great advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...conserving water is key...try to do that with showers too when i can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to get my family to do that for years now. They just growl at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it babe, great advice I even do it when shaving.......XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I save water by doing that, but didn't realize it saves power, too!

    ReplyDelete