Pages

Friday 9 December 2011

Friday Flash 55 - Beware Of Idiots



Each Friday I write a short story in exactly 55 words. If you'd like to join in the fun and games, write your story, visit G-Man and let him know you've posted.



I rush out the front door to warn the stranger not to open the gate. She pushes her way through anyway. My dog bolts through the space to freedom.

"Didn't you read the sign?"

"Lots of people have those signs but don't have a dog," she replies.

She tries to sell me something. Bloody idiot.





This is based on an event that happened to me last week. I was so angry. I have a sign on my gate, the gate is bolted from the inside and she still came waltzing in as if she owned the place. Then she had the nerve to try to sell me something. I told her I was not interested and I would have to rescue my dog before she reached the busy road.The young woman looked at me like I was the one putting her out.

I sent an email to the company concerned and asked not to be visited by them again. They replied that they were sorry and would not enter my property again. I sent another email asking how they would do this without having my address. Idiots!

What annoyed me the most was that if Coco had bitten the woman, she'd be the one classed as dangerous.

Rant over.

Have a great weekend all.

Love KB
xxx

23 comments:

  1. i wish the dog would have been hungry...cant stand pushy sales people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, she was more interested in freedom. I don't think she saw a woman as a threat, she's usually very protective of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. found you on blog hop! im your new follower, would love a follow back!
    www.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupidity lives in all Countries eh Karen?
    Loved your Ranting 55 My Friend
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through friday blog hop. I am now a follower. I'd love it if you could visit my blog sometime http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Idiots indeed. Glad Coco didn't bite her though. She might have something contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU DONKEY!
    Thank you Mr Ramsey.

    Great 55 Babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at this. I had to put a pad lock on my gate in my backyard to keep random people from just walking in despite the two huge dogs I have back there!

    I am stopping by from the Friday Blog and Google + Hop. I am following your blog via GFC. I would love it if you would stop by my blog!

    http://www.naturallyhealthyparenting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rant away. I do it often with sales people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, that's so bad. I hate people who blatently ignore warnings because they think they are an exception. Maybe you should throw some fake blood over your gate and see how many more sales people ignore your sign ;-)
    Visiting from the hop.
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a 'no soliciting" sign ony door, but someone knocked recently anyway. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least if Coco had bit the lady, you wouldn't have had to go after her. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The world is full of idiots. And it gets worse all the time. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, indeed. You have a way with words. The woman is a bloody idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's just wrong. This reminded me of years and years ago (back when they sold vacuums door-to-door). This salesman comes to the door, my Mom answers it and he's very pushy and starts walking right in. Little did he know we had two large dogs (long gone to doggie heaven) and neither very vocal. As soon as he crossed the threshold the dogs appeared beside my Mom, just sitting and staring up at him. The man looked down at the dogs and asked if they were vicious. My Mom, always great with the one-liners, said, quite seriously, "Only to door-to-door sales people." He left in a hurry! In actuality, they were very sweet dogs, just very serious ones.:)

    I'm so glad your dog was okay! It would have been absolutely horrific is she'd come to any harm because of that woman's stupidity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dog only bites door-to-door sales person...that would make a great sign. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you rant They are so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a clueless girl. She didn't even have the decency to be embarrassed about having allowed your dog to get out?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so agree with you. She was trespassing and to have let the dog out and thought nothing of it was grossly thoughtless. If your dog had gotten hit by a car she wouldn't have even cared. I'm glad you emailed them and spoke your mind. These people are as bad as telemarketers on the phone. Here if the number starts with 18 I don't even pick it up anymore.
    Glad your dog didn't get hurt.
    Maybe lower the bolt so that they can't reach over that far and undo it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty crazy and very annoying, but good story came out of it! Here (U.S.) or at least in NYC, no one really comes to your door anymore, but the phone calls are terrible. Too Bad can't have a dog on the line (my side.)

    I do have a dog, but she refuses to use a landline. K.

    ReplyDelete