Pages

Friday 27 July 2012

Friday Flash Fiction - Trapped




Each Friday I write a short story in exactly 55 words. If you'd like to join in the fun and games, write your story, visit G-Man and let him know you've posted.

source www.public-domain-image.com     

He escaped after five years as a prisoner of war. He was hailed a hero. He returned home a free man but his wife no longer understood him, his young children barely remembered him and the paparazzi stalked him constantly. A prisoner in his own home, he felt more trapped than he ever had before.

Hmmm, where did this story come from? Must have been watching Homeland again, hehe! I've been watching the rerun on telly as I missed it the first time around. Don't tell me what happens please :)

Have a great weekend all!
Love KB
xxx

11 comments:

  1. its an honest story...when i returned home after working away for 9 months, the world had moved on in many ways...it was def hard....and i know for this guy all the more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it, so I can't spoil it for you. If it's like this, though, it should be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot spoil it, as I have not seen it, but your flash fiction is very good, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that sucks!!
    Thanks for that interesting story.
    Loved your 55 Karen
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really sad and heart breaking ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. I can imagen the feeling of the man in your storie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my-no one understood him or remembered him?! OUCH. I do think Pow's have that experience- thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting FF. I haven't seen it either - will you keep us posted?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me going there!
    Hahahhahahhahaha...
    A wonderful Homeland review and
    a great 55!

    Have a blessed weekend.

    hugs
    shakira


    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete