Pages

Sunday 17 June 2018

Poetry - Childhood dreams

A poem I wrote many years ago...

Photo source: Pixabay



When I was a little girl
I though I could rule the world
What happened to my childhood dreams
They disappeared, or so it seems

Looking back through the years
It's hard to see when she disappeared
Do I have the courage to start again
Will there be joy or only pain

I feel like I am still that girl
Hidden in a shell like a treasured pearl
If I could open her heart again
I know our dreams would be the same

When we look back in years to come
Will she like what I've become
Or will I still be the little girl
Who wished that she had changed her world


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your poem. Sometimes some of us seem to waste so many years. But it is never too late to chase your dreams. Go for it :-)

    ReplyDelete