Pages

Sunday 7 October 2007

Karen is very depressed!!!!!!!!!

The people here who know me well will know I am devastated today. My boys didn't make it through to the semi-finals of the Rugby World Cup. I feel like I'm going to wake up any minute to find I was having a nightmare.

If someone had told me a week ago that England would be in semis but not New Zealand - I would have laughed in their faces. *sigh* NZ have only lost a couple of games in the last few years whereas England have hardly won any but England are in semis and NZ aren't...WTF...what a joke. Scuse my language.

I know I am biased but I really think NZ should have beaten France. The referee has a lot to answer for - he made some shocking decisions; sending Luke to the sin bin, not noticing a forward pass which resulted in a try...arrgg...I could go on but what's the point!!!!!!

I know people will say get over it Karen, it's just a game but I am gutted. When I saw our tough Captain Richie almost reduced to tears this morning...I don't have the words to describe how heartbroken I was for him and for NZ.

I'm off to drown my sorrows with a huge bucket or wine now.

Love KB
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Surely the most continually over-rated team in the world. Just don't have the bottle on the big occasions!!!!!!!! In my local yesterday, they all agreed that N.Z. would do better to concentrate on playing New Zealanders, rather than Pacific Islanders!
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the ppl who write your newspaper should stick to the facts dickiebo..NZ is ranked No 1 in the world and have been for some time. They have kicked International teams butts on many occasion and the game they lost yesterday (if I remember correctly) has been only the 2nd they have lost since the last World Cup. No other team can say that.

    http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, computer touble.

    I am really shocked!

    I thought NZ would be playing England and probably sending them home. The sad thing about any sport is that flukes happen and it only takes one fluke to ruin a dream.

    This should have been your boy's moment of glory, I'm so sorry.

    Let me get you another bucket of wine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Toadee, I am shocked too. And, I will be England for next weeks game.

    *packs masking tape*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been a fluke. Like, how many times have N.Z. won the World Cup in recent history? Well, ...er....umm....well, they did win it 20 YEARS ago!!!!
    C'mon now KB. Why don't you just join the rest of us, and wish. We've got used to it, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeh I am sorry for you kb and for NZ, eventhough I don't understand rugby.I have met Richie I know his family. He is a very nice bloke, down to earth. He shouldn't lose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not another word from you dickiebo

    *sobs into wine*

    Thanks Marja and from what I have seen of Richie, he does seem like a very nice bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL (((HUGS)))) sorry to hear your team didn't make it better luck next time in the meantime pass me a drink would ya?

    ReplyDelete