Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Hello Sailor, It's The Master Chef Challenge



We've just spent a lovely couple of days with Whitesnake's brother and sister-in-law. Didn't do much, the rain was pouring down most of the time so we had a relaxing time watching old family movies and footie, reading, talking, laughing, drinking and eating. I loved the family movies, seeing Whitesnake's Mum and Dad (I didn't know Whitesnake when they were alive), his huge family as kids and him in his Navy outfit when he was just a wee lad was a real treat.



Now, to these monstrosities...



Last time, K and I stayed with us, it was a big joke that Whitesnake and I spent so much of our spare time watching cooking programmes. K and I saw these swedes and immediately thought of us, they purchased them for $1 each and brought them all the way from Invercargill to us. We laughed so much. K said our Master Chef challenge was to make something delicious with these ingredients. Whitesnake did include some swede in a curry he made but I am thinking along the lines of a candle holder, LOL. Any ideas?

I can't believe these are the only pics we took, I'm usually the picture taking queen. Oh well, I'll have to take heaps next time we see them.

Hope you are all well,

Love KB
xxx

4 comments:

  1. That piccy could have been us....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what a swede is. Some kind of potato? I think I'd crack up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a kind of potato.

    ReplyDelete