Pages

Friday 27 March 2009

FLASH 55 - IN HER SHOES

They could be sisters; short golden hair, deep blue eyes, cheeky grin. The elder curiously studies the younger's interactions with the guests. Knowing how differently she would feel walking in the girl's shoes.

The wedding video ends. She places her younger self back on the shelf. Her contented smile shows how far she has come.



Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss -
If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Karen this was a lovely 55.
    Whenever that pic was taken, you certainly are every bit as beautiful today! And speaking of shoes, I'd like to see a pair of open toed ones on you!!
    Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent 55 today.

    My fiction for Friday is posted too, you'll need to skim down below my Friday's Show n Tell bunny to find it.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was great, karen....what a lovely couple :)

    i'm up:

    55

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how perfectly lovely! I so enjoyed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how sometimes who we are now and our former selves seem to be completely different people.

    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at one can get in 55 words. You do it so well and the ending was surprise.
    I tried one today for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O that picture is so beautiful!

    Indeed one comes a long way and feels differently. time is relative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G - It was taken 15 years ago. You and your shoes :)

    Thanks for your lovely comments. I'll be on my way to visit you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's good to remember those wonderful times.
    Look at you! I bet half the male population packed up and joined a monastery when you said I do to Clark.
    Beautifully written too

    ReplyDelete