Pages

Friday 13 March 2009

FLASH 55 - A WOMAN

I've cheated a bit with my 55 this week (well, a lot actually) but I've been away for a while and not quite back into writing mode yet. I know you'll forgive me. This was sent to me by one of my dearest friends. I have no idea who wrote it and it's a couple of words over the limit but I love it . Hope you enjoy it too. Missed you guys.


" A Woman "

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry,
because God counts her tears.
The woman came out of a man's rib.
Not from his feet to be walked on.
Not from his head to be superior,
but from the side to be equal.
Under the arm to be protected,
and next to the heart to be loved."


Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing it with me. Is it any wonder you are one of my dearest friends.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen!!!
    Missed you Kiwi...
    That 55 was wonderfully worded.
    Thank You so much for returning to the flock.
    Have a Wonderful Week-End....G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi G!

    I've missed you as well.

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there KB I have missed you girlie girl. Hope all is well with you and I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you too Jadey girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woweeeee, good one. very true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like we all missed each other!I'm going to have to read that little piece again. It's rather clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may not be a Flash Fiction 55 but it is truly beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thx for sharing that, kb :) i didn't do a flash fiction per se this week either. but of course you know that already. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy you like it Shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciara - It was a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard something similar to this, but it was a lot shorter... and cruder.

    Nice way to ease back into things though.

    Just by way of general information, mine is actually part of a series I started last summer, and the background might be useful in understanding this one.

    ReplyDelete