Pages

Monday 16 March 2009

TURN YOUR BLOODY PHONES OFF

I was looking forward to a nice, relaxing time at lunch. It all started off well, ordered lunch, relaxed a bit, next thing ring ring. A lady picked up her phone and started yelling into it at the top of her voice about some multi million dollar property she was trying to sell. She hung up, I started to relax again, man behind me started making arrangements on his phone for next week.

I was having lunch alone so I think I was there for half an hour - tops. I counted six phones going off in this short time. When I dine in a restaurant, I turn off my phone or put it on vibrate. If it rings and the call is important, I take it outside. I think the way a lot of people behave regarding taking phone calls in restaurants is rude. Am I being over sensitive about this? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you all the bloody way. I have to say that just about everybody in the world is on a ruddy mobile phone. Even as they do the shop at the supermarkets! I'll bet they never use the infernal things at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, my love. There is nothing worse than trying to have a romantic dinner, and the person behind is either on the phone or taking numerous calls. There should be a sign on the door "Please turn off your mobile phone". Guess we'll just have to start eating a little more upmarket......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dickie -You think it's bad where we are, you should have seen the people on phones in Hong Kong.

    Hubby - Nice to see you hun. Yeah, where was A when I needed him? I think they have some of those signs in OZ. Hey, there was nothing wrong with the place I was eating at. They do really good eggs. See you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete