Pages

Saturday 2 July 2022

Freaking Out or Waiting

I feel like the last couple of months have been spent freaking out or waiting. It's been almost a month since I last posted and still I wait for my 'urgent' surgery. 

Whitesnake and I spent an hour or so at Rotorua hospital on the 13th June having my pre op checks. My blood pressure was rather high but that's usual for me when I am anxious and stressed. Apart from that, all went well. 

Now I wait for a lymph node test to see if the melanoma has spread and a wide incision surgery. I called the hospital last Friday and I was told they would call me back with a date by Monday or Tuesday but still I wait. 

I feel like I am going through the stages of grief...shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I am mainly flipping between anger and acceptance at the moment. Thank goodness for the support of my hubby. 

Anyway, I'll let you know when I have any news. Let the waiting continue. 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update thinking of you -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best at this difficult time and hoping for the positive news. Thanks for the update.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh waiting -- it can be so nerve-wracking. I hope you hear something soon and I'm sending good thoughts for a positive (and quick) outcome.

    ReplyDelete