Pages

Saturday 4 February 2023

Arya the Rescue

I was diagnosed with Melanoma in May 2022. After surgery, thankfully my status is now NEC (no evidence of cancer). Being told you have cancer is quite the wake-up call and makes you assess your life.  I promised myself that if I survived, Whitesnake and I would rescue a dog, (something we'd been putting off since our dog, Coco passed away) and take better care of myself physically, spiritually and mentally. 

So, here's our rescue, Arya. She's such a good girl and a joy to have around. 


Have a great weekend.

Love KB

xxx

This post has been shared with Saturday's Critters. 

18 comments:

  1. And so our journey begins xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am happy you are now NEC. It is great to adopt a dog, Arya is a cute dog. Congrats! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news, wishing you good health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news and I'm glad you found this dog to love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :=) What good news. Your adopted dog is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea! I'm glad everything has worked for you. Sometimes we need a wake call. Beautiful four legged baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan, hope you are well

      Delete
  7. Hi KB, I'm so glad to hear from you and that there no evidence of cancer. You can look ahead with gratitude.
    How lovely your little dog looks and your big smile says it all.

    I know about the bag of mixed emotions that comes from having cancer. In 2002 I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. I was told that I would probably die from it but here I am twenty years later, still here. This is cause to celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I'm so happy you are here with us after that terrible diagnoses. Big hugs x

      Delete
  8. Such good news KB -- and what a lovely way to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete