Pages

Monday 3 December 2018

Poetry: MISSING YOU

As I was perusing my favourite blogs earlier, I noticed a challenge over at real toads to write a flash 55 to keep the memory of our dear friend Galen alive. Galen originally hosted this fun challenge and his posts and comments made me laugh so much. I decided to repost this 55 which I wrote over ten years ago and if you read the comments you will see G-Man being his amusing self. If I remember correctly, his 55 was regarding toilet humour that week. Miss you buddy.

P.S. This poem was written about my husband. We met, he went back to Australia, he came back, we got married...it's complicated, hehe.


When you're away my life feels wrong.
My only company wine and song.
I count down the days until you return.
The art of patience, something to learn.

When we're together the time flies.
Love and laughter, mischief in our eyes.
Nobody understands me, like you do.
Sometimes I believe we are one, not two.

Photo source: Pixabay 

FROM ORIGINAL POST  19/9/2008

Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss -
If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

25 comments:

  1. great 55, kb...nice poem :) yahtzee! btw LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and personal little poem/story....I loved this Karen!!!
    Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciara - You're fast tonight girl.

    G - I can't help myself, have to add a poem to my 55's every now and then. Glad you like it G. I hope you washed your hands before you commented. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O what a beautiful poem this is Karen! I love it!

    "The art if patience, something to learn" I love that line! How true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mona. Means so much coming from you - oh wise and talented one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this is really great, well done girl.....very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely poem KB and a great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you worry about my hands. I'm a very clean bloke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments guys.

    Missy - I presume you have read his 55 by now and know what he has been up to.

    G - Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss Galen too. Lovely to read his commentary here. Thanks for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. G-Man's comments brought back pleasant memories. KB! Hank finds a connection with him whenever a 55' is written these days!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely tribute to Galen... I only got into the tail end of his kick ass weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello KB!
    An excellent poem! Love the beautiful lyrics!
    You are so talented! Have a happy December and a lovely week!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  14. "we are one not two," it happens. More and more so as time goes on. Then if there is a split it all reverts to wine and song again. Been there, 13 years first marriage, three W&S (post Hippie days, I grew my hair out and got a motorcycle to augment my VW Bug), now going on 46 years second marriage.
    I love your words, I have lived them too. Thank you, KB.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the tone and rhythm of the poem. The seemingly simple way in which it explores a topic that isn't simple at all.

    And I completely understand...

    ReplyDelete
  16. KB, your heart speaks beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the poem. I drink too much wine when I'm alone, away from the husband. Thanks for your blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. To quote the good book.." and the two shall become one flesh". You are in sync! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet... I quite like the last line!

    ReplyDelete