Pages

Saturday 30 January 2010

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT...NEVER AGAIN, I HOPE

I went to court for the first time yesterday. Steve and I set off early because neither of us knew what the parking situation would be like. Basically, there wasn't any! There's this huge new building with about 20 car parks. Luckily, we found a park over at the shopping centre and headed off to court.

I felt very intimidated while I was there. I've never seen so many guards in one place. Both Steve and I felt overdresses in our 'good clothes'. Most of the public there were dressed in shorts and jandals (thongs, flip flops). I felt really out of place as most of the other people there were Maori or Islanders.

As most of you are aware I have suffered from panic attacks in the past. I didn't feel too bad considering I had to wait for a while in a crowded area with a lack of fresh air. I was hanging on to my bag for dear life (my over active imagination tellin me I was probably in the presence or murders, rapists and thieves). I'm really glad Steve was with me, I wouldn't have wanted to be there alone.

The thing that unnerved me the most was how comfortable everyone else looked. Like they hung out there everyday. They was a family of children sitting across from me. The eldest (who looked like she needed babysitting herself), playing cards with her sisters and appearing as happy as if she were sitting in her front room.

The hearing wasn't too bad. There was myself, Steve, the other driver, a representative from my insurance company and the judge. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest when I had to explain the events in my words but I calmed down after that. The judge will make his decision and advise us within the week. All that worrying and laying awake at night for something that lasted no more than 15 mins.

I'm happy it's over and done with and I managed to get through it OK. And as Mum said, this time last year, I was feeling so anxious, I probably would have ran out the door.

I don't have much else to report this week. I had my hair chopped off earlier in the week. Feels good to have all that straw ( I mean hair) off my neck in this hot weather.

That's all folks!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having it over with, and on getting through it so well!
    And again, on the hot weather -- I'm so tired of gloom and cold I could puke LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan.

    *holds out puke bucket just in case*

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that certianly was a different type of courting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitesnake - You do make me giggle babe.

    Missy - I was thinking of you while I was there.

    ReplyDelete