Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2009

PLAYING NURSE...AGAIN

What lies behind us and lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought I could hang up my nurse's hat since hubby was all healed and back to work but, that's not the case. My Mum broke her wrist a few days ago and I've been spending some time taking care of her. In other words, making sure she sits still and rests. Quite a feat for my mother.

Yesterday, I accompanied my parents to the accident and emergency room as Mum was due to have her cast checked. There's always a long wait at the A&E. I sat in a corner, minding my own business, reading a book. For some reason, people always talk to me when I am trying to read. One lady told me she was there because her son had been bitten by a rat. I sat next to a young man who was covered in blood after a fall from his skateboard and a man suffering severe stomach pains. I certainly saw some sights.

Anyway, Mum had her cast made more comfortable and she's in a much better frame of mind. Bless her!


FACT FOR TODAY

The size of your foot is approximately the size of your forearm.

6 comments:

  1. So glad mum is ok.....take care Nurse KB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd talk to you if I sat next to you.
    I sometimes think that my foot is the size of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy - Thanks so much.

    Keith - You put your foot in your mouth often eenough to know sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad mum is ok. You make a great nurse you know and I'm sure your family members are hurting themselves on purpose just so you can show off your skills (and uniform lol)

    ReplyDelete