Pages

Friday 2 January 2009

RUNNING IS BAD FOR US...I KNEW IT!

My parents are runners. They are those crazy people you see pounding the streets whatever the weather. The rain is pouring down today but that didn't stop them putting on their running shoes. They headed off to the beach this morning and my Mum slipped over. We think she has a broken wrist but will know the extent of the damage when she returns from hospital. She's a bit shaken up but she's going to be fine. It just proves what I have been saying to her for years...running is bad for you!

8 comments:

  1. Hope ya mum is ok. Now ..... are you going to reconsider Round The Bays? lol
    Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a bit shaken but will be OK. I think I'll stick to walking the bays. I am on day 7 of my programme...so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad ta hear mum is ok.
    What she really needs is a good dose of Fish n Chips......

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes...hope it heals quickly xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's feeling much better today folks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your mum injured herself but being a dedicated runner I'm sure she will be back out there very soon (runners just never learn lol)

    Tell her that Sir Cliff sends his love.

    Oh and don't you try to walk too fast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope she will cured very soon but I don't agree with you that running is bad for us. Everything we do has risks; running is good for their health.

    Try it out and maybe you are addicted to run in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toadee - As if I would walk fast.

    Erik - I was only joking hun.

    ReplyDelete