Pages

Saturday 15 January 2011

Keeping Up With KB



I'm having the strangest week. I feel like I'm all over the place and don't know if I'm coming or going. Outside interference as usual. Sometimes, I wish Whitesnake and I could become hermits and vanish to some undisclosed location but I guess the world doesn't work like that. We've both heard from our exes, well I sorta heard about mine in a round about way. My exes old girlfriend got in touch with me on facebook and it kinda freaked me out. I was thinkin...how the hell do you know who I am and why on earth do you wanna grill me about my ex? Weird.  Funny how Whitesnake and I have contact from our old lives at the same time, it happens like that every time.



Facebook is great but it can be upsetting sometimes to see people from my old life. I've removed most of them but I still see them around sometimes. I was in tears the other night because of one harmless comment another person made but it just made me feel sad.  Sometimes, I just want to delete everyone I know from my old life from my friends list but then I think maybe I just have to deal with how I feel instead of trying to ignore it.  What do you guys think? Is it better to make a clean sweep and keep in contact with friends via email instead or face the fact that some people from my old life will show up on facebook from time to time and I have to deal with it?

Whitesnake's work shifts have been all over the place too so some nights I'm in bed by ten and others one in the morning. That should settle down soon though. I"m also making a few health changes and I think that is a bit of a shock to the system sometimes. Have to pace myself and not do too much at once.

It's not all bad though. Whitesnake has been really supportive about the changes I"m making and he's making many along side me too. It's so much easier to go through this process with him by my side. I'm so proud of him. Yesterday, we were out of the house and on our walk by nine and it was wonderful. Whitesnake even did some running as Coco and I walked around the park. I forgot to put sunblock on and got a little burnt. Yikes! Who gets sunburn at ten in the morning? Silly me.

I've had one alcohol free night this week and only had a couple of extra glasses of wine so far. I'm very pleased with that. It gets easier too. The first few weeks I was looking at not having a drink as a bad thing but now I barely think about it.

I've cut down to one coffee in the morning too. Had a bit of a headache the first day, which I think was  lack of sleep and coffee combined. Been eating a healthy breakfast every morning. You can check out our joint blog for healthy breakfast ideas and our recipe for this week is Simply Delish Mussels with White Wine and Garlic Sauce.

I think that's me all up to date now. What have you been up to?
See you tomorrow for Weekend Walkabout.
Love KB
xxx

P.S. I often write my posts a couple of days in advance so I have my posts ready to go on the weekends. I wrote this one a few days back and I've already resolved much of my facebook stuff but I'm still curious as to how you would deal with the situation.

6 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing lady Karen, you are strong and a true friend. It is hard to see someone who you once called a friend treat you differently, but i always hold my head up high and treat them the same as you once did. Peter always tells me to show them that im the better person. Its hard for me seeing my ex because we have so much unfinished business and we have four bveautiful children who are hurt by his behaviour. I am happy with Peter he loves me so much, and is good to me like Steve is to you. You both deserve to have great happiness. You are both wonderful people who are very talented and always bring a smile to my face. You just continue being you Karen we all love you and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of my 'friends' on facebook have had as much difficulty with me as I've had with them. FaceBook has been an excellent way to re-connect without giving up any pride over stupid arguments and disappointing ex's too.

    But I must admit, I've not been grilled about my ex, from my ex's girlfriend, lol. If it happens, I just tell her, "That's why you're there and I'm not", lol.

    I'm embracing my 'here and now', KB, but I'm not forgetting where I came from and how I got here. That's my philosophy, for what it's worth.

    Wynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, KB, I'd burn at 10 a.m. too. Us fair skinned ones are always the first to, eh?

    Old friends, strange comments. Remember, no one can make us feel bad without our permission!! Funny how real feelings can be, but we can choose not to worry. Really. I have learned to let things roll off my back. Mostly. :)

    Interesting what Missy says about FB privacy. Not being much of a FB gal myself, I do not keep up with how it works.

    Running is fun. You guys sound like a lot of fun, carefree, in the moment. I ran a bit a week ago!! :)

    OOO, sounds like the ex's girlfriend may be a little intimidated in some way by you?

    I had no wine or beer last night, tho I was thinking a couple cold Heinies would go nicely with the chicken / rice dish. I can take it or leave it. It can become a habit tho, booze.

    Jannie mailed 12 parcels yesterday, one to NZ -- guess who that was to?? :) yes, 12 - finally getting the Christmas one off to my parents -- cept now it's for Valentine's. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe .......
    Simply ya wonderful XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!
    You've come so far and inspired so many people.
    I guess when you've touched so many different web communities there are bound to be hiccups as well as great times and you have picked up some great friends along the way.
    I sometimes wonder if it's wise to mix RL people with FB people, I'm still experimenting.
    I don't have the experience that you and Steve have had (thankfully) so I can only imagine how difficult things can be at times but you do have a strong and secure relationship and that is your ace i the hole.
    As to using or not using FB well, it's there as a tool for you so use it when you feel like it and never let it use you. As you know the real friends will never mind if you message to say 'ouch, I'm hurting' (I would want you to tell me) or 'need to stay away foer a while' you are truly the sort of friend who is kept forever in the heart no matter where you are.
    Love you my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of my favourite people have shown up to comment. Thanks so much. I won't answer individually as I would be here all day but I realy appreciate all of you. There have been a few developments since the time I posted and I think all has been resolved for now. Thanks for caring x

    ReplyDelete