Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2007

Oh no, I've been "ma'amed"

On leaving Vanuatu, we had two full days at sea. I was sad to be heading home but there were plenty of activities on board to keep me amused.


I don't know about you but on each of my trips away there is usually one person who sticks out in my mind. You know the kind of person who is a real character and you will never forget. On this trip it was Johno (I know hubby is going to be chuckling when he reads this). How could we ever forget young Johno!!!!!!


I'd say he's in his early twenties, very good looking and charming. The kind of boy your mum would like you to bring home. He sat himself down next to me one night and started telling me how he won the karaoke competition the previous evening. He was looking through the song book and asking me to help him pick out a song to perform. I thought, aww the wee lad has a bit of a crush on me.


Anyway, he gets up on stage and I've honestly never seen anything like it. Fantastic performer, confident, full of energy, great mover but tone deaf. Too funny.

Then he sits down next to me and says, "How was that ma'am?" Omg, the humiliation. I don't think I've ever felt so old in my life.

How Johno ever mangaged to get a place in the final, I will never know but he did. Unfortunatly, I missed the show due to sea sickness but hubby raved about it. Johno strutted his stuff to the song - I'm too sexy - his performance included much girating of the hips and I hear he actually ripped his shirt off. He didn't win the competition but apparently left the judges speechless and earned a ten out of ten for performance. I'm gutted I missed the show but I'm sure I'll never forget young Johno.





Home sweet home

Love KB
x

7 comments:

  1. C'mon now. You fell for a bit of flattery now, didn't you? Thank goodness hubby was there to keep your feet on the ground - even if it was sloping somewhat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife Fiona and I were just reading your blog and she had a very similar experience... Hi, KB! "Fiona" here now... Yeah, i read that and said, "oh yeah! You know what that's like when you stop being called "miss" and get a "ma'am?" It freaked me out the first time it happened and I went home and had a good hard look at my face in the mirror.. Maybe I did look tired that day. Or was it the oh so sexy trackie dacks I had on that day? I dunno! But it happens, hey. Bye for now, (Fiona).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I am making a note of thinks not to call you if I want to live and I guess that's number 1 hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. dickiebo - your comments always make me giggle. Yes, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

    Hi daniel and Fiona, thanks for visiting. Your comments made me chuckle. At least I know I am not alone. I was a little worried when Fiona mentioned - the first time...OMG, you mean this oucld happen again? *runs away screaming*

    You better not call me that Toadee or I will slap you....and not it a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suddenly feel inclined to say nice things about you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't make me slap you Ma'am..I mean Missy.

    ReplyDelete