Pages

Saturday 8 September 2007

World Cup Rugby




I can think of only one reason to be up at 5.30am - rugby. Set my alarm last night, cursed alarm when it went off this morning and dragged myself out of bed. Yikes, I'm never up before the birds. I'm glad I was though.

The Rugby World Cup started this morning. The opening match was a beaut and I was surprised by the result. I expected the French to win as they have been playing well and had the home advantage, in front of a huge crowd. Argentina worked hard for the win - they outplayed the French, played with passion and their defence was outstanding. Woohoo!

New Zealand's team (All Blacks) are playing later on tonight. I can't wait!!! I'm sitting here wearing my All Black jersey, dressed head to toe in black, wine bottle uncorked. Still three hours to go. Hmmm, what am I going to do now?

GO THE MIGHTY ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love KB

7 comments:

  1. France got clobbered! What a surprise! Somehow can't see any way UK will win again. We had our moment of glory! Have to admit, my money is on your lot in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you certainly got your result!

    No real surprises today but I am intensely worried that England couldn't be more convicing against the US who aren't really a 'rugby' country.

    I think it was good that the Japanese coach was happy with his team even after such a thrashing.

    Will be interesting to see how SA play tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks South Africa are worth a bet. The All Blacks usually flatter to deceive!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen the SA game as yet but I'm thinking they have played well this year and is could be SA/NZ in final.

    Nice to see some other rugby fans around.

    Go The Mighty Blacks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to your Mighty Blacks KB...I am a big fan of rugby...only cause I dated a rugby player from the UK back in my haydays....

    ~Darlin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have decided to become an All Blacks fan hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love those rugby boys Darlin.

    Thought you were already an All BLack fan toad.

    ReplyDelete