Pages

Saturday 13 June 2009

HOLIDAY PICS

Hubby and I recently spent some time in The Bay of Islands (Russell in particular) and Rotorua.

Russell is a 3.5 hour drive from my home town. Followed by a short vehicle ferry journey.


VIEW FROM PAIHIA TO RUSSELL VEHICLE FERRY



THIS IS WHERE WE STAYED





OUR VIEW



A REGULAR VISITOR




RUSH HOUR IN THE VILLAGE

Russell is a small town, everything is cutsey and within walking distance.












DIDN'T TAKE US LONG TO FIND THE PUB




OH DEAR

We enjoyed a delicious meal at the local Thai restaurant. I spotted this Tuk-tuk outside and of course, I had to get inside. I wanted to get in quickly, have my pic taken and run away before anyone saw me. Unfortunately, I wasn't satisfied with any of the pics taken (this was about the fifth attempt) AND I banged my head on the ceiling. Poor hubby, I don't know why he puts up with my antics sometimes.




MANY OF RUSSELL'S ORIGINAL BUILDINGS STILL STAND (I'll write more about that later).





NZ'S OLDEST CHURCH



THE POLICE STATION




I'll leave it at that for today. I'll write about our day trips tomorrow.

Have a great day/night.

I will, my rugby team is playing tonight....GO THE MIGHTY ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Love KB
XXX

9 comments:

  1. Hey Hiii,

    lovely pics...seems u enjoyed a lot...and that Tuk Tuk pic is the best...lol!!!! Looks like a really nice, quiet place where one can meet himself!!!

    N ya thanks for visiting n leaving such an enlightened comment ....u really changed ma thinking...seems i have to take some classes from you..lolz!!! Seriously that statement of yours was so true n correct!!! I look forward to gather more knowledge from u..lol!!!

    Whts your full name...KB??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, rub it in why don't you!
    you have great holidays lol

    Exactly how much are the NZ tourist board paying you?

    Looks fantastic, peaceful with a pub, you two really do have a way with selecting places to eacape to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on. Stop sulking. It's only a bloody game!
    Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the rush hour picture.
    Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nazish - Glad you enjoyed the Tuk Tuk. KB stands for Krazy Blonde.


    Toadee - The tourist board should pay me for sure. Shouldn't you be out rowing? Good luck!

    Dickie - *sobs into wine...AGAIN*

    Dr John - I love that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Police station?

    There must be NO crime there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good photos! Looks like a beautiful spot to be in...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some great pics KB. I bet you guys had a blast. I can't wait to read the stories of the day trips. You have a great day and I will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G-Man - I know, it's too cute.

    Glad you all enjoyed the pics.

    Missy - I've been out of town for a few days. Mr Karen sends his love and me too.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete