Pages

Saturday 8 May 2010

10,000 STEPS AND COUNTING

I've gained a little weight since I've been living with Whitesnake. Me thinks his potato bake (made with full cream) and our late night, cheese toasties probably have something to do with it. Steve likes to cook food which I love to eat but has a bad effect on my waistline. He's lucky enough to burn his off with all the walking he does for his job. I have decided it's time to stop complaining about my flabby bits and do something about it.

I gained weight a couple of years back and lost it by doing the 10,000 steps a day programme. I would wear my pedometer (which counts the number of steps you take) and try to complete 10,000 per day. I decided to wear a pedometer last week to monitor how many steps I was taking. Hmmm, not very many. In fact, probably half the amount I need to be doing.

Usually, when I decide to change something, I try to reach my goal too quickly. This time, I've decided that my goal will be to increase the number of steps each week until I reach my 10,000 a day. Wish me luck. Best foot forward and all that.

Love KB
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Missy - Yeah, it's true. I don't even care if I don't lose weight, as long as I am healthy. I enjoy walking and when I don't do it so much, I begin to feel unhealthy and sluggish. I have already beaten last week's total and I still have one day to go. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason ya beat last weeks total is all the chasing I been doing round the bedroom!

    Am so proud of ya babe,you know you have my support and love in what ever ya wanna do

    love
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - The chasing will need to increase next week too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it tastes good, spit it out. That is my new diet book...$4.95 please..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that. I have a big old stupid headed pooch that needs his walks but I still need to learn to push away from the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. But good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right, take it steady and increase slowly.
    OK, you managed today so tomorrow lets go for 20 steps.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buff - That sounds like my kind of book.

    MM - I need to take my dog for more walks too.

    Sandy - Thanks

    Toadee - You are so funny

    ReplyDelete