Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Friday Flash 55 - Milestone

He frantically searches for the photo of the gravestone. He finds it inside the tattered suitcase, under layers of discarded snapshots. His father had died at age sixty two. He would be turning that age himself soon. He was elated to have lived as long as his father yet terrified of the unknown years ahead.


Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss G-Man. If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love KB
XXX

15 comments:

  1. That's a tough one... here's hoping he's got many good years ahead.

    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps he will not have to face them alone...it could be the best years are still ahead. nice 55.

    mine is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go Karen..
    I loved this 55.
    Serious, pensive, brilliant!Thank you so much for this thoughtful little Gem.
    You Rock Kiwiland Baby.
    Thanks for playing, thanks for visiting, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  4. People warn you about what it's like to get old, but it's still a shock to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot told in a few lines Makes you think
    I am trying to come back into blogging but life doesn't let me at the moment Will keep on trying
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has to be a very strange feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will survive my love.....ya know he don't wanna miss our wedding! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the biggest problems here could be worrying about it.
    Great 55.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gulp, that made me work out that I've now lived longer then both my parents and I'm still in my 50's.My 55 here

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep - strange when you reach a certain page, your parents have reached..when I got 40 it was so strange to think my mother was 40 when I was born..
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a bit like a cloud over one's head.
    Nicely crafted 55

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got my father beat by 5 years--as of this moment--grin! Thanks for the Ummmmm reminder?

    Mine is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all your comments :)

    ReplyDelete