Pages

Friday 22 February 2019

Poetry



Hi all,

A busy week for us with appointments with the doctor and the dentist. I have experienced difficulties with blood pressure in the past so it was fantastic to hear that my blood pressure was perfect!  

Whitesnake and I don't have a lot planned for the weekend so I'm looking forward to lots of reading and blogging. 

Have a great weekend! 


To be shared with Poetry Pantry and Tuesday Platform.

Photo source: Pixabay



She builds me up
When I'm feeling low
No need to think
The words will flow

Sometimes I giggle
At the lines we share
Did I write that
Blissfully unaware

When I'm stuck in a rut
She whispers and taunts 
Words don't make sense 
Her rhymes she flaunts

Silently mocking 
When I'm feeling my best
Lurking beneath the surface
With my misery suppressed

She knows I'll be back
We are one and the same
Her words I must write
Or she'll drive me insane

She's gives herself freely
Time and again
I can't thank her enough 
Poetry, my trusted friend

29 comments:

  1. I like this We've got that in common I can call him my friend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like knowing that the words await when we need them. Yes, poetry...a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that. Poetry is a trusted friend....and a lifesaver to some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes - poetry is the best! No matter what is going on in the outside world, poetry remains a true and loyal friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literal LOL at Whitesnake's comment.

    You can try to ignore Poetry, but she always has a way of creeping up beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cheerful read for the edge of a new week and a good way to remember to stop fighting with one's friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poetry should be exactly like that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I was thinking he and she are the same= poetry. Ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Wonderful, lyrical lines that cascade to a splendiferous close. What could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poetry is a comforting friend - always there with words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very nice poetry. A trusted friend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your poetry. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't thank her enough
    Poetry, my trusted friend

    You can say that again! It is a lifesaver savior to many who otherwise have to live out a boring day! Very true KB!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always admire rhyme - it leaves one with a happy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poetry can be a friend.. except when she isn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ROFL at Whitesnake's comment! Though I knew it beforehand.

    Poetry is therapy and healing. It proves to be a good friend too at times. Just follow the muse. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poetic muses are such a tease, mine will whisper in my ear, I'll turn round and she'll disappear. So I write my words, they don't read bad, she has done this, they are not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poetry is indeed a trusted friend! Very well penned. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ah yes. sometimes i don't even recognise what has been written through me...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great tribute to poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, thank goodness for poetry...She does tease and annoy at times though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel truly blessed that my son turned me on to poetry... It has been such a great outlet for me and I enjoy this interaction we share here on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah yes, Poetry is all things to us!

    ReplyDelete